Books as Bridges
Books as Bridges engages approximately 3,000 students worldwide each year through pen-pal friendships. They practice social studies, language arts, and humanities skills through real-life assignments.
International partners receive:
- A shipment of books sent from the International Book Project
- Online curriculum resources
- A stipend to help offset program-related costs
Partners in Kentucky receive:
- Access to Books as Bridges' “Issues of the Developing World” curriculum
- A Pen-Pal Prep Session to introduce students to life in a developing country
- A Cultural Literacy Lesson with international food, displays, and activities
Globe photo above is by Allison D. Harnish.
|©2009 Books as Bridges | A program of the International Book Project | 1440 Delaware Avenue, Lexington, KY 40505 | 859-254-6771 | Contact|